I. RESPONSIBILITIES OF NATIONAL AND REGIONAL COORDINATORS
When establishing their Associate Networks,
the National and Regional Coordinators are responsible for:
1. Identifying appropriate EYNCRIN Associate Centres.
2. Cooperating and communicating with the Associate Centres;
3. Providing orientation for the Associate Centers; and
4. Incorporating input from Associate Centers in feedback to EYNCRIN — including their outreach activities, statistics, and accomplishments — when requested.
II. ASSOCIATE CRITERIA AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An Associate Center is selected by the Membership Committee.
1. Specialty Associate member selection is based on the following criteria:
2. In accordance with these Guidelines, the Associate members are responsible for:
IV. PROCESS OF BECOMING AN ASSOCIATE CENTER
1. Applications for membership are available from the EYNCRIN Membership Committee or the EYNCRIN Development Center. They are also published at the website of EYNCRIN: http://www.eyncrin.net
2. The applicant submits the completed Application Form and a letter of support on letterhead from the community they serve or a well known in the community active organization (other than the current EYNCRIN Centers) to the Membership Committee of EYNCRIN. Applications will be reviewed and commented on within 30 days.
3. The Membership Committee of EYNCRIN reviews and approves the application package to ensure all components are included. If the package is not complete, the Membership Committee will contact the National Coordinator for assistance in gathering the missing components.
4. Once approved, the Membership Committee sends a letter and supporting materials directly to the new Associate Center. A copy of the welcome letter also is sent to the affiliated National Coordinator for their records. If the application is not approved, the Membership Committee notifies the affiliated National Coordinator stating where the applicant failed to meet the criteria.
5. A National or Regional Coordinator may propose to the Membership Committee a cancellation of an Associate Membership within 30 days if, after technical assistance or counseling, the Associate Center cannot meet the criteria.
An Associate Center has the right to resign their Membership by way of written notice to the International Steering Committee of EYNCRIN.
V. EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
To provide a consistent level of service among Network
members to the public, each National Coordinator,
Regional Coordinator and Associate Network Center
should possess or have reasonable access to:
1. A telephone and mailing address for requesters to contact them for information;
2. A display area for materials and a reading room (dependent on the Center’s capabilities);
3. Adequate storage space for bulk quantities of materials (can be provided by another organization);
4. A VCR and/or DVD player and TV monitor;
5. Online databases and Internet (e.g., through universities or libraries);
6. A personal computer equipped with Internet connection and Web browser, printer, associated software, back-up disks, and other computer supplies.
The schema explains the working relationships among all parties involved with the EYNCRIN.
The two main areas of responsibility reflected below are policy and function.
The primary responsibility of EYNCRIN Associate Centers is to focus on function, not policy.
If policy changes are needed, the appropriate channels to follow are as follows: